Thistledown Cottage offers fully self-contained accommodation.
Thistledown Cottage is enchanting – ‘a wee Scottish Highland Cottage’ with all modern amenities. Surrounded by an old world garden, featuring a reflective pond, orchard, boules court and half size croquet lawn; Thistledown Cottage offers a perfect and private getaway.
Thistledown Cottage features 2 bedrooms (1 double room and 1 twin share); a cosy living room with wood fire; a well appointed parlour, featuring a fully equipped kitchen and dining setting for 4; a bathroom with shower and spa bath; a front veranda with an outstanding view of the MacPherson Ranges; and a back deck with a BBQ, a dining setting for 4, and a stunning view of Mt Barney.
Guests immediately relax and feel at home as they are warmly welcomed by their hosts, John and Micheline. They are encouraged to settle in and explore the cottage and its surrounds.
Guests can enjoy the ambience of the living room, where they can relax to music, read a book, watch a DVD, check out the variety of board games or just chat and enjoy each other’s company.
Meals are a highlight at Thistledown Cottage, as Micheline is renowned for her hearty cuisine. So, if an evening meal is required guests need look no further. The sumptuous dining room in Roseland Homestead invites guests to ‘dress up’ which adds to the elegance of the evening: savour good company and food for many hours in candlelight, with fine china and gleaming silverware. Guests can also have their meals delivered to the cottage.
The gardens offer tranquility, bird song and the busy humming of the bees. Outdoor dining is an absolute joy, particularly under a star studded sky.
- Plush Bathrobes
- Quality bed linen
- Bath Sheet/Bath Towel/face Washer
- Hot Water Bottle
- Doona cover packed with duck and goose down
- Ceiling fan
- Decanter and glasses for filtered drinking water
- Bathroom – Spa Bath, Shower, Toilet, Hair Dryer, Vanity Set (Includes Cotton Buds, Cotton Pads, Tooth Picks etc)
- Kitchen – A fully equipped kitchen and cooking facilities with a variety of Tea and Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Biscuits. Dining Table and Chairs, Crockery Cutlery, Ironing facility ,Electric Upright Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Dishwasher, Toaster, Sandwich Maker, CoffeeDripolator and Plunger. The water from the kitchen tap is filtered.
- Fully appointed sitting room, featuring a wood fire stove, a small library and board games and ceiling fans, with access to CD and DVD players, and indulgencies such as a decanter of Whisky and delicious chocolates.
- Private Car Park
- Front veranda with relaxing outdoor furniture
- Back deck featuring a table and chairs with BBQ
- Boules Court and half size Croquet Lawn
- Stunning views